Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Slight Break in the Action

Hopefully this won't disrupt traffic to the post below for #35 in the countdown, Otto Preminger's Where the Sidewalk Ends,
so keep the comments coming there. But...

Due to the fact that I’m going to be out of town for a few days, I am going to take a few days off from the countdown so that I can be back and settled before things continue. I knew for some time that I would be gone Thursday through Sunday and originally intended to set up each day’s entry to auto-post so that the daily pace could be continued. But the more that I thought about it, the more that I realized that most of the fun for me comes from being able to see the comments that are being made and to converse with everyone that is reading. Since I will be gone and not have as much computer access as usual, this would be almost impossible – which defeats the entire purpose as far as I’m concerned.

So Thursday-Sunday will be off days, with the daily schedule being resumed on Monday March 22. Hopefully everyone is cool with this – at the very least it will give everyone some time to catch up on any new noirs that I have highlighted or to try and guess how the rest of the rankings will unfold! Again, I hesitated to do this, but I want to be around when the reviews are up and being discussed, and that just won’t be possible while I’m gone. I think this will work best.

6 comments:

  1. Dave, enjoy the break, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sam! Your devotion to this countdown and the blog in general has been amazing ever since I started. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve a break, Dave, and I might even exploit it to watch more noirs so I don't feel so much like a fool when another one comes up that I haven't seen. Take it easy until next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Samuel, you're another huge reason why the blog remains interesting... happy noir hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been enjoying your countdown immensely!! Enjoy the break and I look forward to your return!


    Best regards,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if you have more info about the auto-post option.

    ReplyDelete